8700 Memorial Dr., Plain City OH 43064
Business Representative: Harry Mullins
International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (IUPAT)
IUPAT members work in one or more of several crafts: painting, wallpaper hanging, glazing (glass work), drywall and taping, floor covering, and sign and display work. Painters and paperhangers work in industrial, commercial and residential settings, from bridges and ships to interior walls of office buildings and homes. Drywall finishers tape, fill in and smooth seams in sheets of drywall. Glaziers prepare and install various kinds of glass, mirrors, metal framing and doors/entrances to buildings. Floor coverers work with resilient floors, as well as carpet and decorative coverings. Members also perform exterior sign and display work, like standard billboards and lighted billboards. Other types of work are convention display and show decorators.
7234 Parkway Drive
Hanover, MD 21076
About District Council 6, from the DC 6 website
District Council 6 of the International Union of Painters & Allied Trades (IUPAT) is an affiliation of IUPAT local unions throughout all of Ohio and Central Kentucky working together as a District Council to advance the welfare of our members, our communities and the finishing-trades construction industry as a whole.
- Glass Workers
- Drywall Finishers
- Sign & Display Workers
- Paper Hangers
- Industrial Painters and Allied Trades
With a commitment to providing the finest craftsmanship in the finishing trades industry, IUPAT District Council 6 seeks to fashion a marketplace in which labor/management cooperation brings added value to our union employers while enhancing the lives of our locals’ members by ensuring job security, safety, training and the wages and benefits they deserve.
DC-6 works to accomplish its goals by:
- Promoting collective action through organizing;
- Sponsoring high-level training and education for the industry;
- Advancing workforce development programs;
- Securing legislation that benefits our industry;
- Influencing public opinion through peaceful methods;
- Encouraging beneficial contractual relationships with employers;
- Improving interaction between our members and their employers;
- Enforcing a code of work rules and standards; and
- Maintaining a strong central representative council.